Travelling with families can be a lifelong dream or if not planned carefully turn into a nightmare. So here are some of our tips for a memorable Italian vacation:
- Don’t over schedule– don’t do more than one tour a day and if there are teenagers involved as we know they do not like to get up early — try our afternoon tours which are less crowded as the bus and cruise ship excursions usually visit the major sites in the morning
- If possible, stay at hotels with swimming pools — really important in the hot summer—a good way for everybody to cool off after a day of sightseeing.
- Try to divide your time between the Art Cities and the countryside, a day at the beach just outside of Rome, in Tivoli also outside of Rome, in the Tuscan countryside, the Cinque Terre. We organize excursions to all of these and more.
- Today’s families are sports oriented—why not try biking on the walls of Lucca, or in Tuscany, or boating on Lake Como or the Amalfi Coast
- And we can’t forget ‘foodies’—we have great pizza making in Rome as well as regular cooking classes in Rome, Florence and Venice.
The above suggestions are always useful—especially since we all have to contend with late bookers.
We are prepared don’t hesitate—we will work with you to design a trip that combines important sightseeing and fun activities for all ages.<< Back